BEHIND THE SCENES: EDITING PROGRAMS

October 08, 2015

I've got a bit of a different post for in store for you today. Namely, a peak behind the scenes! I'm going to tell you which editing programs I like to use and what I use them for. Sometimes I like to be nosy and see what other people do behind the scenes, so I thought I would just lay my cards on the table and show you what I've got!

PHOTOS


Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC 2014

Let's kick this thing off with photos. The main editing program that I use to edit my photos is Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. You have a nice range of features which you can use to edit, but since my camera produces quite nice quality photos, editing is a piece of cake. I usually adjust the exposure, contrast, highlights and saturation. Th B&W setting is also a good base to create a nice monochrome photo, so I usually chose the B&W Contrast High option if that's the look I'm going for (I always adjust it to my preferences!). I've used many different editing programs over the past few years, but I have noticed a distinct difference in quality compared to free programs. I'm lucky enough that I need this for college, but otherwise I probably would have splurged on it anyway.



Next up is a program I use for my Instagram photo collages. I've used Pixlr for years, simply because it is free and easy to use. You just go onto the website (I use the express option), pick out the layout that you want, adjust the spacing, roundness and proportions if needed (I usually just adjust the spacing) and all you need to do is insert your photos from your laptop. Simples! You can also add text, but in the rare occasion that I do want to do that, I like to use Photoshop.



This one isn't really relating to the photos that I make, but I'll just drop it into this category if you don't mind. Polyvore is a website which I use to make collages of my wishlists. The last one I made was my fall wishlist (pictured above) and as you can see, I just searched for the pieces, inserted them into the little collage and added some text. When you publish your collage, you can copy the link and insert it into the HTML of your blog post. It may sound like a difficult thing to do, but it really isn't rocket science! I've been using Polyvore for years now and it's still going strong. It's an oldie but goodie!


VIDEOS


Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014

Moving on to videos, I'll start off with the most important program: Adobe Premiere Pro. Without this bad boy I would honestly be lost. It is not the easiest program to get a hang of, but once you do it really pays off. When you know the basics, there is so much more to learn and discover, the options almost seem never ending. It probably speaks for itself, but this is the program I use to edit the videos on my main channel and vlog channel.



Next up is Picmonkey. It's a free program which I use to make collages for the thumbnails of my Youtube videos. I like using it because you can adjust the size (I use 1080 x 720 for my thumbnails) and also the boxes inside of the collage. There are also more features which you can use, but I usually only adjust the spacing. 



Adobe Photoshop CC 2014

Last but not least is Photoshop! I know that it's probably used and loved by many bloggers, but I only recently started using it regularly. This is the program that I use to add text to the thumbnails for my Youtube videos and sometimes to add text to photos for my blog (fun fact: I also used it to make my business cards!). I like it because I can just re-use the designs that I already made and adjust them accordingly. By doing that, I can save a lot of time which I can use to write more blog posts. Win win!

That's it! Which editing programs do you use?


1 comment:

  1. I mainly use Photoshop to edit my pictures but I know many people who love Lightroom so I want to try to use it and see what it's like! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete