TRAVEL BUCKET LIST

July 21, 2015



It is no secret that I love to travel. Exploring new places, experiencing different cultures and discovering new things; it's all right up my street. Even though I have traveled quite a bit already, there are still lots of places that I would like to see. So, today I will share the top 5 of my travel bucket list with you.



1. SOUTH AFRICA

Even though South Africa has been negatively portrayed in the news lately, it is still number one on my bucket list. My grandparents used to go on holidays here every year and my dad travels to South Africa quite a lot for work. Every time he does he sends me beautiful photos of the country and my grandparents have told me man stories of their travels. The culture, beautiful landscape and 'funny' language all interest me. In an ideal world, I would take a road trip through South Africa, but I know that that is very dangerous these days. So, for now, I am hoping to travel to Cape Town in the near future and perhaps some other towns or cities if I can. 


2. AUSTRALIA

Australia is a country that has tickled my fancy for quite some time now. I have some relatives living over there who have told me many stories about life as an Aussie. One day I would love to go on a road trip there to visit my relatives, get a tan on the beautiful beaches, explore the cities and see some kangaroos (can't go to Australia without seeing one of those!) among many other things. It is a dream for now, but hopefully I will be able to make it come true some day!


3. ROAD TRIP THROUGH THE USA

Another thing that has been on my bucket list for quite some time is a road trip through the US of A. Even though I would love to visit lots of cities in the US, I would also like to see a bit more of the country side. I know that might be a bit of a shocker coming from a city girl, but I can be a fan of the country side too. If it has beautiful sights to offer, then I'm in! Of course, I would like to see places like the Grand Canyon and the Niagara Falls, but I also want to do thing like horse back riding in tiny towns, or having beers at a local pub. It's going to be a challenging one to plan, but maybe that's the point, maybe I should just fly out there, bring my sleeping bag, rent a car and go wherever I want.


4. NETHERLANDS ANTILLES

Sun, see, the beach and a place where they speak my native language.. yes please! Any time I see a photo of any of the Islands it just looks like they have the best life out there; it's always sunny, people are very friendly (as far as I've heard) and the lifestyle is just very relaxed. I wouldn't mind having a taste of that!


5. HAWAII

Last but certainly not least is Hawaii. It's a classic in my opinion, but certainly a place which I would like to see at least once in my life. Everything on the island just looks so beautiful! One thing I would love to do there is go surfing and snorkeling. I think it would be a great experience and definitely worth the long plane ride.

That's it! Of course here are still many other places I would like to see such as the Caribbean and South America, but also places closer to home like Greece and Venice. Hopefully I will one day!


2 comments:

  1. Such a great bucket list and these are on my list too! I'd really love to road trip the states next year.

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's so cool, hopefully you can. :)

      Delete