SUMMER LIPS

July 09, 2015

Summer is finally in full swing, which means that I've been stepping up my lip game big time. I love bright lips for the summer time, so today I thought I would share my favourite lip colours for this season with you!



Pinky red tone

Even though this lipstick looks quite red at first glance, don't be fooled! It's more of a pinky red tone, which I like even more. When I don't know what to wear on my lips, this is what I usually go for. It's natural enough for ever day wear and adds that little pop of colour that I like to have on my lips. It also looks good on a lot of different skin tones, so if you're at Kiko, you should check it out! 


Bright reds

If you know me, you'll know that I don't shy away from a good bright red lip. Hence, why I have two options to show you which I will be rocking this summer. The first one is a lip pencil. All I do with this is apply a coat of my MAC lip primer and just fill in my lips with the pencil. This makes the liner last all day and gives off a nice matte finish.
The other option I have is a lipstick. It also lasts quite a long time, but the main reason why I like to have a lipstick as well is because it is brighter and shinier. It also applies very smoothly, so if you're looking for an affordable lipstick for this summer then I would recommend Kiko!


A slight hint of colour

Finally, I have a very light coloured balm, which is perfect for quick application on the go. Sometimes (read: all the time) I'm running late and don't have time to properly apply my lipstick. So, I always have this in my bag just in case. Besides that, I don't always feel like wearing a bright lip either, so this is perfect for those days as well. 

What are your go-to lip colours for summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment