HOTSPOT: BETTER BAGELS (LEIDEN)

June 30, 2015

 

Time for another hotspot post! This time my friend Britt and I decided to go for a bagels. We found this little bakery just off the Haarlemmerstraat (Lange Mare 96) in Leiden, which is about a 10-15 minute walk from the central station. The outside already looked quite appealing, lots of healthy juices and of course, delicious bagels and pastries. 

When we sat down at our table we had a look at the menu. It took us a while to order, because there were too many delicious options to choose from. In the end, I decided to get a ChariTea and a salmon bagel. Britt ordered a BLT bagel and elderflower juice. Our order came quite fast and both bagels were very tasty. I'm a big salmon fan, so I can't really go wrong with a salmon bagel!

After we finished our bagels, we had a craving for something sweet, so we decided to share a carrot cake. Compared to the carrot cake in my last hotspot post (here), this one was even better. It was smooth, not too dry and just overall full over flavour. 

As for the price, it wasn't too pricey. I think I paid about 8 euros, which is not too bad at all.

One thing I will say is that it is quite dark inside, which I'm not a big fan of. I love light areas and this are almost felt like it used to be a smoking area. It didn't smell, it just looked quite yellow (as you can probably tell form the photos). For a bakery where organic products are sold, I feel like it is best to have everything looking very clean, as that is what I associate with an organic bakery. But, I will say that the decor is nice and the overall vibe is good. The open bakery in the back also shows that everything is freshly made with mostly organic products, which I feel like is always a plus.

Finally, if you are looking for a good place to have bagels (or take them to go!), then I would definitely recommend Better Bagels. They have a wide variety of bagels, from breakfast to lunch, so there is always something for everyone's liking.


No comments:

Post a Comment