LIP PRIMERS: CRAVE OR SAVE

October 14, 2014


A few months ago when I was in NYC, a very kind MAC make-up artist introduced me to lip primers. I'm not even joking when I say this, but they have improved my lip choices drastically. I can now wear anything I want on my lips, apply it smoothly and make it stay on all day. Pretty darn awesome if you ask me. The only problem is that lip primers can be pretty pricey, so I decided to test out a budget and high end primer to see if they're worth the splurge or not (crave or save if you like).
First up is the MAC lip primer. This primer does everything I would want a primer to do - it moisturises, makes my lips feel smooth even after I take my make-up off at night and it makes my lipstick or liner stay on all day. The only downside is the price, because as we all know MAC is not the cheapest make-up brand. I'm not sure how long this is going to last me, but I have a feeling it won't be more than a few months. I probably would repurchase it because it's great, but the price would hold me back. 
The next primer is the ELF lip primer and plumper duo. I'm not going to lie, the plumper part kind of freaks me out, but I got this product because of the primer. One thing I was a bit disappointed about is that it basically is a concealer. It doesn't moisturise my lips the way the MAC primer does and it also makes them feel a bit dry after a while. It does make my lipstick or liner stay on all day, but I feel like a regular concealer would do the same job. I will use it up, but I won't buy this product again.

You can probably tell by now that I still prefer the MAC primer over the ELF one and would buy it again. But, if you have any good recommendations for a cheaper version of the MAC primer, please let me know!

What is your favourite lip primer?



2 comments:

  1. Fabrizia Spinelli14.10.14

    Dear I must say I adore Mac products!
    Fabrizia – Cosa Mi Metto???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac is a great brand!

    ReplyDelete