FALL LIPS

October 28, 2014

MAC lip liner in Half Red

One thing I associate with fall are dark outfits and darker lip colours (so original, I know). I feel like it's the perfect accessory for fall, since all I really wear is a thick coat when I'm out and about - nothing too exciting there. So, to show off my personality I bring out the big guns (aka lip products) to make my lips pop.

MAC prep+prime for lips

Before I can even think about applying a lip liner or lipstick, I use a lip primer. It makes a huge difference in the application, so it is a must have for me. No more dry lips in this horrible weather, I've got my quick fix.


The first product I have been wearing a lot for fall is Half Red - a lip liner from MAC. It's an almost purple, reddish shade, but not too dark. The thing I love most about it is that it stays on all day and is fairly easy to apply. You just need to master the art of colouring inside the lines and the job is done easily!

MAC lipstick in Ruby Woo

Fall wouldn't be fall without a good dark red lipstick. The one I have been sporting recently is Ruby Woo by MAC. As the girl at the counter said, it's a very popular shade (or do they always say that?), so it should come as no surprise that I love this shade. It's buildable, easy to apply with the lip primer underneath and just a great pop of colour for day and night time. 

Revlon Just bitten lip stain in Flame

Ok, I cheated. This last colour is not really fallish at all. I've been wearing this lip stain at the end of summer and decided to keep wearing it for fall because I just love it that much. The fact that this has been in my pencil case for the past few weeks also contributes to me wearing it so much, but that is besides the point. The point is that this is a great every day colour - not too bright but not too subtle either. However, there is one downside to this product. I noticed that after a few weeks of using it it started to dry out and the colour pay off wasn't as good as it was at the start. But, storing it with the colour side down does help to get more product into the applicator. Problem solved!

What are your favourite fall lip colours?



2 comments: