WONDER WOMAN 2.0 (THE BLONDE VERSION)

October 30, 2013



Now I know that wonder woman has black hair (hence the title), but I thought it would be fun to re-create her look for Halloween this year. It actually didn't cost me under 5 euro to create this costume for Halloween.. crazy! I just used some things I had already and bought a few bits that I needed at Primark and a stationery shop. Because it was a bit last minute, I didn't have time to do a DIY post, but I thought I would explain to you how I went to make it anyway.

The top
For me, this was the tricky part as I was searching around for a tube top which would work for this costume. I didn't find one and decided to just make it myself. So, I bought a cheap red tank top at Primark and glued it to an old bra with a glue gun to get the right shape (as you can see in the pictures). I used a strapless bra, but did put on some clear straps to make sure the top would stay in place. Then I used a gold gift bag for the W. I just drew the shape on the back of the bag, cut it out, glued it on and done! I know it sounds silly to use a gift bag, but it works!

The skirt
I actually started with the skirt, because it took the longest to finish. Basically what I did is, I took a picture of a star from the internet and cut it out to create a stencil (and cut out about 20 of them.. sigh). Then I layed them out on the skirt (which I already had) and filled the stencil in with white acrylic paint. I let it dry over night and then did a second coat with a small detailed brush. Then I let that dry over night again. 
Lastly, I used the handles of the gold gift bag to make the lasso of truth. I tied them together to make them into a longer string, wrapped them around my hand, tied that and attached it to the top skirt with a safety pin.. that's it for the skirt!

The accessories
This was probably the easiest part of it all. I made the arm cuffs and crown using the gold gift bag. For both of them, I just measured myself and cut out the sufficient shapes out of the gold paper. For the cuffs I added a bit of foam to not have any harsh paper lines on my skin (I have very sensitive skin). I glued some velcro onto the cuffs to be able to take them on and off easily. For the crown, I glued on some white ribbon. Lastly, I added a red star cut out of red paper to all of the pieces. That's it!

I did make a belt, but felt it was a bit too much. Hence why I didn't wear it!

What did you dress up as for Halloween? Did you DIY your costume?


No comments:

Post a Comment