DIY SUMMER MEMORY BOX

September 10, 2013


It makes me very sad to say this but, unfortunately, summer is over. I made so many great memories that I wanted to make something to put all the little things I collected in (think: concert tickets, boarding passes, pictures, wrist bands, museum tickets, etc.). So that I can look back on them once in a while.
Coincidentally, I had found a wooden love heart box in Holland which I really liked, but didn't quite know what to do with yet. That's when I came up with this summer memory box DIY.
What you will need:

Spray paint in any colour you want// A wooden box// Something to cover the surface your working on// Glue gun// Paint in any colour you want// Paint brush// Any decoration you want to use
 
First, I would recommend to maybe lay out an old cloth or something outside with the box on top to make sure you don't spray paint your whole house. Just apply a thin layer of spray paint, following the guidelines on the can. You can add as many layers as you want, but I decided to keep it quite sheer and just applied one layer.
Now let the box dry (mine needed two hours, but I left it overnight). Then just put any paint colour you want on a plate to write on your box with. I went for a bit of a beach theme, so I mixed a dark blue colour with some white paint. If your not sure what type of paint to use, definitely go for acrylic!
Now use this paint to write '2013' on the box or anything you want. If you have a bigger box, you can also write 'Summer 2013' or 'Summer memories 2013'.
Next, take your decorations and lay them out on your box whatever way you like. When your happy with your design, glue them onto the box with a glue gun or any glue that works on a wood surface.
When that is dry, all you have to do is collect all your favourite summer memories and put them in your memory box!
And that's it!

What do you think of this DIY?





1 comment:

  1. ok, this is seriously the cutest idea ever. Totally obsessed. It turned out amazing. Adore this post, love. :) If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete