BREAKFAST PANCAKES

August 27, 2013


Pancakes, who doesn't love them? They are my specialty when it comes to making breakfast in bed. A classic to make my mom cry on mother's day, guarenteed (she cries about everything and calls herself an 'emo' person, as in short for emotional, cool mom..). Anyway, here is how I make my breakfast pancakes, with a little help of Jamie Oliver..
Ingredients

3 eggs// 115 g plain flour// 1 tsp baking powder// 140 ml milk// a pinch of salt


First, seperate the eggs. Put the yolks in a larger mixing bowl and add the flour, baking powder and milk in as well. Then mix that to a smooth batter.


Now with the egg whites in a seperate bowl, add the salt and whish them until they form stiff peaks (this can really hurt your army so I HIGHLY recommend using a mixer..)


Then just carefully fold the egg white into the batter and your ready to bake!


To bake the pancakes I like to use a small pan on a medium heat. I also add a little dot of butter before pouring in the mixture, just to make sure the pancake doesn't stick to the pan. Then I add 1 scoop of the batter and let it sit until the top starts to look 'dry' (as in, the batter has started to set). Then I just flip it over and let it bake until both sides are golden. 


And that's it! After you've used up all of the batter, your left with some delicious pancakes.

What's your favourite pancake topping?


No comments:

Post a Comment