DIY BOOKSHELVES

June 05, 2013



I've been planning to make these bookshelves since November, but I was always too busy and just never had the time to make them. FInally, my dad and I just decided to get on with it and made these bookshelves in no time! I'm really happy with the way they turned out and the best thing: they didn't cost me anything! We used materials my dad had in his workshop and we got the pallets from a neighbour who was happy to get rid of them. 
I decorated them with a lot of personal things that I got when I was travelling and for my birthday and also some DIY projects (Ring display, Memory jar). It's kind of embarrasing that I don't own that many books, but I do read a lot, I just borrow books from friends and the library.
Also, I'm thinking of getting another pallet to make a blanket chest. Let me know if you would like to see more pictures of the DIY process if I decide to make it!

What do you think of this DIY?


6 comments:

  1. stefania5.6.13

    beautiful!!
    i love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline St. Francis5.6.13

    This shelf is incredible! I love the way it looks rustic but also very girly with your pieces on it. The hooks were a great addition as well! I always need more spots to hang my scarves.

    ~ Caroline
    http://peachykeencaroline.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah Marr5.6.13

    this is so awesome! i love the natural look of the wood you used! about how long did it take over all?? xo


    hannah
    www.bemorethrifty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. mystylediary5.6.13

    Thank you! We made the shelves first which took less than an hour and then later we decided to add on the hooks when the shelves were already on the wall, which took about half an hour to carve out the wood in the back to fit it in. Not bad at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mystylediary5.6.13

    Thanks! That's exactly why I wanted to add the hooks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. mystylediary5.6.13

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete