DIY CROSS MUSCLE TEE

May 29, 2013

I've always been a big fan of black cross muscle tees, but never found a nice affordable one that I liked. They just didn't fit right, or didn't have a black cross. Finally, I decided to just make one myself and this is the final result! I hope you like this DIY. :)


What you will need:

An old oversized t-shirt (check your dads/boyfriends closet// fabric scissors// fabric chalk// measurement tape// fabric glue// black fabric// black string// a needle// an old magazine


First, your going to make your shirt into a muscle tee by cutting off the sleeves. You can make them as low as you want.


Now measure out where you want the cross to be. You can make it as big as you'd like, it doesn't really matter.


 Using your measurements, cut out the two pieces of black fabric using your chalk to mark it. I used some left over fabric, so I cut out two strips.


 Next, pin your pieces of fabric where you want them to go on your tee. 


Now it's time to glue the cross on. I had to glue it in different sections, because of the instructions on my glue. So I would just suggest to follow the instructions on your fabric glue.


 This is optional, but to make sure the cross stays on nice and secure, I sewed the outline of it with black thread. It's not very noticable, but I actually quite like the way it looks anyway.


And that's it! 

Let me know what you think in the comments. :)


10 comments:

  1. Hannah Marr29.5.13

    such a simple idea and yet what an awesome shirt! now i'm brainstorming design ideas lol! xoxo


    hannah
    www.bemorethrifty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria João Silva29.5.13

    Nice DIY! :D

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. mystylediary30.5.13

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mystylediary30.5.13

    That's great! Thanks for your lovely comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you liked my blog:)) I followed you via GFC and Bloglovin' ! :) Btw, the shirt is amazing, you're very good at this!

    All the best :*
    www.just-anotherfashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. mystylediary30.5.13

    That's great! I followed you on both as well. :) and thanks! That's really kind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mooshi Chui31.5.13

    wow such a great DIY glad i came across ur blog

    xx Michelle

    mich-ette.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. mystylediary31.5.13

    Thanks! That's really sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. gaby gomez2.6.13

    wow, que buena idea!! gracias por el tip! :)
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  10. mystylediary2.6.13

    Thanks you!

    ReplyDelete