DIY RING DISPLAY

March 07, 2013



When I'm getting ready in the morning, I always run late because I'm picking out rings. I used to keep them in a little container, but they are just all over the place and I can never find the one I want quickly. It's really annoying! Now, I finally came up with my perfect solution: a ring display! 

For me this particular one is very special, because my grandad gave me the cigar box. He used to love smoking cigars and it's great to have little piece of him in my room. 


It's actually quite easy to make this, it just takes a bit of time. So, I'll stop rambling and show you how to make this ring display!



What you will need: 1. Glue gun, 2. Newspaper or magazine (to protect your surface), 3. Felt (colour of your choice), 4. Ruler, 5. Packaging material, 6. Box, 7. Textile scissors and normal scissors, 8. Fabric marker or chalk, 9. Pencil, 10. Knife







First you need to measure your box and then mark of the measurements on your packaging material. Make sure it fits precisely. Then cut with a knife if the material is very thick, or otherwise you can just use your scissors.







Now you need to do the same thing on your felt, but just make sure to use your fabric marker or chalk and fabric scissors. 








Next, carefully glue the felt on your packaging material with the glue gun. I only put glue on the outlines and it worked just fine. You really don't have to go crazy with the glue because it's very strong and holds the materials together perfectly.




Now it's time to measure where you want to put little slits for your rings. It all depends on how big your box is, but for mine I marked 2-3 cm for each little slit with my chalk and I did 7 rows of  7 slits. I recommend marking the first slit of every row first and then working your way sideways. To cut out the slit, I cut the felt with my fabric scissors first and then cut into the packaging material with my knife. It looks a lot better than using the knife for both, because it's hard to cut through the felt.



To fill up the box, I used some left over packaging material as a bottom layer. If your box is very deep, it looks a lot better when it's filled up. 








Now just place your packaging material with the felt layer on top of the filling and your done! All you need to do now is just fill it up with your favourite rings. :)







What do you think of this DIY? How do you store your rings?




4 comments:

  1. This is perfect, I never find the rings I want!

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So easy! :)
    http://www.style-ettos.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete