DIY WISH BRACELET

January 16, 2013

A few weeks ago I watched Cait Barker's DIY video on how to make a wish bracelet. I thought it was a very cute idea and decided to try it out. It's super easy to make and today I thought I would show you how it's done! Hope you enjoy. :)





What you need:
1. Glue/ 2. Tape/ 3. Scissors/ 4. Pencil/ 5. Ruler/ 6. Embroidery thread/ 7. Text (wish bracelet, tie your bracelet on & make a wish. when the bracelet falls off. your wish will come true.)/ 8. Brown paper







Measure out about 60 cm of string and cut it.
 
 



Make a loop like this and don't pull it into a knot yet.













Tie the string around about 15 times to make the knot quite thick.






Pull the string into a knot and make sure the knot is in the middle.. That's it for the bracelet!






Now cut out the text and put it to the side.



Take the brown paper, pencil and ruler and measure out about 12x8cm (as big as you want).



Now just take your scissors and cut out the piece you just marked.


Lay out the text on the piece of brown paper. You can lay it out whatever way you want, but just make sure there is some room left for the bracelet.



Take your glue and stick the text onto the paper.




Place the bracelet on the brown paper and secure it on the back with a piece of tape. And..




Your done!


Even thought it's after Christmas, I think this can be a great gift for someone your close to. It could be a birthday gift or even a fun little valentines surprise for your best friend.

Do you like to do DIY's?


3 comments:

  1. I remember these kinds of bracelets from when I was younger. I loved wearing them but always thought they were a bit expensive for what they were. Making your own is such a great idea. I love how you have added the gift card to go with the bracelet; such a nice touch. I think I just might have to make some of these for my friends for Valentines. Thanks for the great idea!

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and good luck! I would love it if you share a picture if you recreate it :)

      Delete
    2. I will be sure to do that!

      Delete