RECIPE: SPINACH OMELET BREAKFAST

October 25, 2012

Today I thought I would share with you one of my favourite breakfasts. It's a spinach omelet on a slice of wholegrain bread and some cheese. It's very easy and quick to make and it takes me about 5 minutes in the morning. I also have time to make my coffee to bring with me in the car during the process.. perfect! This is how I like to make it:





All you need is cooking spray, baby leaf spinach leaves, cheese, an egg and a slice of wholegrain bread. You can use two eggs for this but I usually use one. 






First off I like to prep my bread. I just take to small slices of cheese and put them on it. My bread is usually frozen so if I don't have time to let it defrost I put in the toaster to speed up the process.







Then I just beat the egg into a bowl and...












Beat it up until it looks like this!










Then, I spray some cooking spray onto a small frying pan and put it on the heat. I use a ceramic hob and usually put it on the highest heat setting which is 9.








When the pan is heated up and the spray has melted I add in the egg.










Right after that I add in some spinach leaves, you can add in as many as you'd like. 










When the egg is starting to dry up and the egg doesn't stick to the pan, it's ready to be turned. When it's turned, it should look similar to the omelet in the picture.








After about half a minute the omelet will be 
ready and can be added onto the slice of bread. If you keep it on the heat for too long, the spinach will burn.








 And that's it! Bon a petit :)










Just as a little disclaimer, I made this recipe up so I don't know if I'm doing it right. This is just what I like to make for my breakfast and I enjoy it a lot. :)

What is your favourite breakfast?