FAKING IT

August 01, 2012

During the summer I don't get a tan very easily and it's usually gone after a few weeks. But when I go out I like to have a nice tan, so I just fake it! I have 2 self tanners I like to use: when I have planned to go somewhere I like to use the St Tropez Self Tan Tanning Mousse because you have to wait for a few hours to wash it off and get the best result. When I go somewhere last minute I use the Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs since it's an instant tan and all you have to do is apply it and your good to go!

 
Both self tanners have a different finish. The Sally Hansen tan is a little bit more orange (but not too much) and has more sparkle to it. It looks more fake in my opinion but it works on my skin for a last minute bit of colour.
I usually apply the St Tropez tan the day before I'm going somewhere and wash it off in the morning. This way all the excess tan will be washed off and your left with a beautiful natural looking tan. It's not orange at all, since the base is green and not orange. This is definitely my favourite and it lasts the longest on my skin.


Another difference is the price. The Sally Hansen tan is a lot cheaper than the St Tropez tan, but I do think it's worth it to spend a little more. I never get my self tanners at boots or superdrug, just because it's usually much cheaper to get them at a local pharmacy.


Do you use self tanners? What is your favourite?